Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I should have kept it

Over this past weekend, regarding the social media, my friends and I got together and had a few things to eat and drink.  Prior to the get together my friend volunteered to purchase the drinks and for myself to reimburse the cover charge.  As I agreed my friend and I sat down and enjoyed the football game and he had thought I had paid him back and everything was even.  When I noticed he did not have a concern for the money I confronted him and told him if it was anyone else I would have kept the money and spent it on myself.  Although the value of the situation was not of value of many ethical decisions. I feel a honest track history of ethical situations can only be beneficial for ethical decisions in the future no matter the value.

7 comments:

  1. Great post...There was not a 5th entry to comment at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respectable of you to be honest with your friend and hold up your part of the deal. Shows that you have good morals and strong ethics to pay him anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though im the one who told you to pay him his money, i still think you are a standup gentlemen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. You are a noble person. I know alot of people who would not have been that honest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was stand up of you to give him the money when you could easily have kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see that friendship and trust is still alive and well in todays world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your a real stand up guy. I always find it beneficial to be honest when it comes to money and try to pay everyone back quickly because you want the same when its you who lent out the money.

    ReplyDelete