Thursday, December 1, 2011
SAP
During the SAP game the S team ranked second to last or third to last each time. I wouldn't say that we had an efficient strategy, we set our sales in the moment. One of the biggest reasons our profits were low were due to an excessive amount of advertising in each region. We seemed to keep each price of each item a dollar over retail price. Some strengths we had were we were a very open group and nobody solely wanted to be in control which allowed us too experiment a little more than probably a lot of the other groups. At one point we sold some of the water at a price of a dollar which caused our profit to plummet. Are main weakness was a lack of strategy and to much marketing, This project has taught me the importance of lowering prices when stock is high and raising prices when stock is decreasing quickly. Also I have learned setting the prices of different waters high will cause the other items to sell faster. I enjoyed this project a lot and I wish we could have had time to plan a better selling strategy first because selling the most products is not always the best way to make profit.
Labels:
Profit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think we worked well together too!
ReplyDeleteYes, we all learnt that a selling strategy is the most important thing.
ReplyDelete